Changes to the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations in 2015 means there is a greater need to make sure you use a contractor that is up to speed with the new regulations.
As Principal contractors, AG Hugo ltd have an important role in managing health and safety risks during the your project. We will take care of the following:
– plan, manage, monitor and coordinate the entire construction phase
– take account of the health and safety risks to everyone affected by the work
– liaise with the client and principal designer for the duration of the project to ensure that all risks are managed
– prepare a construction phase plan PDF for the project
– consult and engage with workers about their health, safety and welfare
– ensure suitable welfare facilities are provided
– check that anyone they appoint has the skills, knowledge, experience and, where relevant, the organisational capability to carry out their work safely and without risk to health
– ensure all workers have site-specific inductions, and any further information and training they need
– take steps to prevent unauthorised access to the site
– liaise with the principal designer to share any information relevant to the planning, management, monitoring and coordination of the pre-construction phase
When working for a domestic client, AG Hugo ltd will normally take on the client duties as well as their own as principal contractor.
Alternatively, the domestic client can ask the principal designer (architect) to take on the client duties.